M.D. | F.A.C.C.
Dr. Mehta was born in Winnipeg, Canada. He grew up in Houston and is a graduate of Memorial High School. He attended The University of Texas at Austin where he received a Bachelors of Arts in Biology and was on the Dean’s List. He continued his medical school at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston and residency in Internal Medicine at The University of Alabama at Birmingham. He then completed his training in Cardiology at the Medical College of Georgia, where he was trained in specialized invasive procedures and diagnostic imaging. He joined Memorial Katy Cardiology Associates in 1998.
He has expertise in all aspects of Cardiology including the evaluation of common cardiac complaints such as chest pain, shortness of breath, passing out, leg swelling and palpitations. He has special interest in preventive cardiology including management of high blood pressure, cholesterol disorders, as well as management of the disease after they have developed such circulatory problems of the legs, coronary artery disease, and heart failure. Dr. Mehta places special emphasis on patient education.
Dr. Mehta is trained in cardiac special procedures, including coronary angiography and angioplasty, pacemaker insertion and transesophageal echocardiography. His main research has been in cardiac imaging and he has several publications on echocardiography.
Dr Mehta’s personal interests include playing guitar and spending time with his wife, two daughters and golden retriever.
- Cardiovascular Disease Specialist
- University of Texas Medical Branch, 1992
Internships & Residency
- University of Alabama Medical Center, 1995
- Medical College of Georgia, 1998
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Diseases
- American College of Cardiology Fellow
- Houston Methodist Continuing Care Hospital
- Houston Methodist West Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center