M.D. | F.A.C.C.
Dr. George Mammen grew up in Kerala, India, and earned his medical degree at Trivandrum Medical College. He completed his residency in internal medicine at South Baltimore General Hospital and a cardiology fellowship at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, Texas Heart Institute, Houston.
Dr. Mammen is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiology. Dr. Mammen’s clinical interests are Interventional Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease, with particular focus on invasive procedures such as angioplasty, stent implantation and pacemakers. He is trained in all aspects of adult cardiology with emphasis on coronary artery disease and heart failure. He joined Memorial Katy Cardiology Associates in 1982.
Dr. Mammen is active in hospital and physician affairs and has served as Chief of Cardiology at Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital and Medical Director of the ICU at Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital.
Dr. Mammen's personal interests include tennis and skiing. He likes to spend his spare time with his wife, and three children.
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Cardiovascular Disease Specialists
- Kerala University, 1974
Internships & Residency
- South Baltimore General Hospital, 1979
- St. Lukes Episcopal Hospital of Houston, 1981
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Diseases
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Interventional Cardiology
- Texas Medical Association
- American College of Cardiology
- Harris County Medical Society
- Houston Methodist Continuing Care Hospital
- Houston Methodist West Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center